Australian Eggs is a member owned not-for-profit company providing marketing and research & development (R&D) services for the benefit of Australian egg farmers.
Australian Eggs went through a rebranding from Australian Egg Corporation Limited to Australian Eggs Limited in 2017. The company had separate websites for its egg farmer members and consumers and wanted to merge everything under the new brand, on a new unified website.
We designed and built a new responsive platform integrating all the amazing content the organisation already had, which was as diverse as recipes, best-practice farm manuals and research reports into the dietary requirements of hens.
The new website presents information and resources in a visually appealing way that traverses Australian Eggs’ need to engage consumers, provide resources for farmers and meet the organisation’s responsibilities under its statutory funding agreement with the federal government.
Australian Eggs were already using SilverStripe CMS for their old sites, hosted on the Symbiote platform. The very flexible nature of SilverStripe allowed us to build a robust and quite complex site, keeping the administration interface for content authors nice and clean.
- Fast loading and responsive frontend design
- Integration of json-ld for news, recipes, FAQ and research reports for better SEO performance
- Document management system using the new version of the SilverStripe DMS module
- Farmer login section for internal documentation
- Farmer feedback function to encourage active two-way communication between Australian Eggs and its members
- Solr search for searching site as well as PDF research reports
- Content blocks to give more flexibility to the content authors to set up their pages