What is SilverStripe?
SilverStripe CMS is an open source web content management system used by governments, businesses, and non-profit organisations around the world. It is a power tool for professional web development teams, and web content authors rave about how easy it is to use.
As a platform, SilverStripe CMS is used to build websites, intranets, and web applications. The modern architecture of SilverStripe CMS allows organisations to keep pace with innovation on the web. SilverStripe CMS enables websites and applications to contain stunning design, great content, and compelling interactive and social functions.
Besides a powerful and intuitive content authoring application, SilverStripe CMS contains a powerful PHP5-based programming framework. The SilverStripe Framework brings immense flexibility and ease in customising your site. It provides fundamentals such as security models, workflows and caching as well as multi-language and multi-site support.
Released in 2006, SilverStripe is open source and has been downloaded more than one million times. SilverStripe is used by many well-known brands and organisations, like the Ian Potter Foundation, Gordon Ramsay, Juicy, Lenovo, NSW Government and Westpac NZ.
- User-friendly: You don't have to be a geek to be able to use SilverStripe quickly and efficiently.
- Focused on Content: SilverStripe can help with strategy, migration and managing content across a number of disparate sites, systems and technologies.
- Standards-compliant: SilverStripe is built with best practices in mind - it's easy to make and keep your site compliant with W3C web and accessibility standards.
- Secure and Scalable: SilverStripe is extremely scalable and grows with your needs.
- Cost-effective: SilverStripe is open source and free to use.
- Flexible: The modern SilverStripe architecture allows us to build interactive, sophisticated sites and applications and it is completely extendable for your specific needs.
- Supported: SilverStripe has a fast-growing international reputation with over one million downloads to date and a global community of developers.
The out-of-the-box SilverStripe installation provides:
- Web browser-based authoring environment
- User-friendly MS Word-like WYSIWYG editing
- Drag and drop sitemap
- Files and images manager
- Content versioning and roll-back
- Preview of content before publishing
- SEO and standards compliance
- Friendly URLs
- Fine-tuned user roles and permissions
- Spam-Protection for forms
- Multiple language support
- Installation on Windows, Mac and Linux servers
If you are unsure about the power of SilverStripe, or if you think it may be a good fit for your project, please contact us and find out more!